The Lodge Grounds
The Lodge Grounds are located in the centre of North Berwick and were created in the 17th century by the Dalyrymple family. In 1939 they became a public park when North Berwick Town Council bought both the grounds and the Lodge. In 2008, the refurbished grounds were opened by Sir Hew Hamilton-Dalyrmple.
Entrance to the split-level park is from Quality Street. The lower park is a formal garden with an aviary. The upper ‘early Victorian’ park has wide open spaces, mature trees, lavender garden, wild gardens, great views of North Berwick Law and the Bass Rock, and a children’s play area suitable for all ages.